Thursday, July 09, 2020

Stop Think


I'm here at the office killing time while waiting for my videos to finish rendering. I'm quite happy that my goal to have all episodes set to air this month finished editing, so just in case there will be another lockdown or stricter restrictions will be in placed again, the cable channel I work on will have new episodes to air for the entire month while I can work on the daily program grids at home. I still hope it won't be the case although I understand that the rising cases are alarming, however,  we simply can't go back to square one now that the economy is suffering so hard. We are in a lose-lose situation no doubt. How can we balance public health and the economy? I don't have clear answers, to be honest. I'm still scared of course and God knows how much I pour alcohol on my hands lately. The scent of rubbing alcohol is already normal now and has a calming effect. For the first time since the pandemic began, I bought disposable face masks since my cloth masks are in the laundry bin and I was a little taken aback that five pieces now cost over 100 pesos. Just last December it was just 15 pesos for 3 pieces! It's not actually hard to find face masks of all kinds these days so I hope the abundant supply will lower the price eventually. I've also observed that alcohol supply is also good but most sold in stores are the little ones you can put in your pocket. I guess that's a way to keep the supply intact. I do see the bigger bottles but only a few are on display but there's no more panic buying at least. Not a day goes by that I don't think about the situation we are in. So much has changed and it pains me to think that the light is still so far away. For now, I pray hard that my family and loved ones will stay safe and healthy. I also hope by Christmas time, the situation will be better so we can celebrate Christmas the way we used to. This year's Christmas will definitely be different but more meaningful. 

2 comments:

Mikki said...

Super must have ang cloth masks. I don't wash them right after using it, iniisprayan ko lang alcohol.

forg/jecoup said...

I can breath better while walking with cloth masks.