Sunday, July 12, 2020

PEx @ 21!

Happy 21st anniversary to my beloved PinoyExchange!

Grateful to all the fun times I had here, all the stuff I've learned and the friendships I made both online and offline. I sometimes read old threads from many years ago for a nostalgia trip and to take a look back at a piece of history. I know it's not the same forum as it was before with Reddit and Social Media in general taking its place but PEx was here when the Internet reach among Filipinos was still very limited. For a time, it was the microcosm of the Philippine society and a witness to several key events. It's a time capsule and I honestly miss the time when message boards were the place where people communicate online and people wy anonymous. Social media has a lot going for it but nowadays it feels chaotic. PEx may be a thing of the past now, but I'm glad PEx is still around. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's unbelievable how PEX is that old... and even more so.. we're THIS OLD now.

- Ðarkglass

Hehe!

forg/jecoup said...

I know, right? 16 ako na nag PEx haha