Thursday, July 02, 2020

Adjustments


A talk I had with a co-worker today is about how much our lives have changed because of this virus and how some of our co-workers decided to leave because they have health concerns and working under this pandemic is not safe for them. It made me sad because one of those who left during the lockdown is our front desk personnel who is like a mother figure to us and it made me sad that we didn't have a proper goodbye here at the office. She's literally the first person I met in this company when I took the exam and had the job interview. But I do feel once everything is safer, our boss will definitely offer their jobs back if they want to.
The people who go to the office? Less than half so having the rule of having one per table at the pantry isn't hard to implement because we ate not many anyway. Some don't work 5 days a week, they rotate schedules. A lot continue to work from home. I would also not go to work 5 days a week because well I can't afford to do so because my current transportation expense doubled due to paying quite high for the carpool. My one day expense is equivalent to two days back in the "old normal". So I really worked hard the past 3 days to maximize my time. I'm in the office before 6:30 AM and I leave around 4PM. Today I was glad to meet some work goals because it will allow me to not go to the office frequently next week. I'm still terrified of the virus and I have been so cautious like I have face masks and face shield and it's quite uncomfortable when walking but hey little sacrifices. Each fast food and restaurant that I pass by makes me sad because there's so few people.  

I definitely miss the busy atmosphere and I hope sooner or later, I get to the feel that again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At first I enjoyed the idea of less people, ayoko talaga ng crowd. Now. it's beginning to hit me, I'm starting to condition myself (for real) that we won't be back to what PH was before the quarantine.

forg/jecoup said...

I'm an introvert so not really a crowd people, I actually enjoyed going to work on non-Holy Week/Christmas holidays because the commute is relaxing but it is different now. The empty streets feel more depressing to witness