Friday, July 24, 2020

I think I’ve seen this film before, and I didn’t like the ending.

I'm sort of a closet Taylor Swift fan haha. Closet because I think was kinda embarrassing because I'm not part of her usual fan base and her earlier songs were teenybopper stuff but a good and catchy song I can't resist. I admit her personality is an enigma and the songs about her exes and vindictiveness got tiring and toxic too but I would always like a song or two from her albums especially the ballad / midtempo stuff which I'm generally a sucker for. Anyway, she had a "surprise" release of new album folklore today and I listened to it earlier and I really, really like it. So mature and sophisticated. This is the type of music that suits her at this point of her career. My favorite track is her collaboration with Bon Iver called "exile". I was enamored at first listen. The line "I think I’ve seen this film before, and I didn’t like the ending" hit me hard that I've been listening to this song on repeat! It's exquisite and captures a whole lot of emotions. 


1 comment:

Mikki said...

haha i prefer the old TS!