Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Payslip

Today is payday and very glad when I saw that my salary for this period is in full. It just takes a whole new meaning these days. Very grateful I still have a job and they are still in good shape to give us full salaries. With what the world is experiencing right now, keeping a job is so important. My sister had to hustle hard with her online selling as her workplace is temporarily closed due to the pandemic. I honestly don't have the skills and confidence like my sister has to sell stuff to her friends, our relatives, and even just acquaintances. If I don't have a job, I honestly don't know how I can fend for myself with just diskarte. But the world today many people have their lives disrupted and finding ways to survive. Some have vulnerable jobs too with so much uncertainty (thinking about those who work for embattled ABS-CBN, the jeepney and UV express drivers, those who work for the tourism industry, those who work in entertainment, those in the food business and so many more). Yesterday, I noticed a sign over at Splash Island that says "Hope to see you December 2020", a marketing campaign that's hopeful but very cautious. I've never seen anything like that before. I do truly hope and pray we will be on the road to recovery by that time. I can't imagine the Christmas season under this devastating situation. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, nagtravel agent ako and invested on it bandang Feb tapos Covid happened. Nagsosyo pa man din kami ng tropa ko.

Ðarkglass

forg/jecoup said...

Aww sayang naman. Hay I have friend din who quit his job to focus on his start-up and now struggling hard. Hay