Sunday, July 26, 2020

Savvy

I have never bought anything online from the likes of Shopee and Lazada. Even under this pandemic era. But I already have online sales transaction experience with a Facebook seller - CDs Atbp. This page is owned by an online friend who actually knew me because of this blog when I used to post music charts back in the early 2010s. He was an employee of Astrovision and he would send me the weekly bestsellers lists of their shop! Sadly, he got laid off as record stores started closing one by one but he started a business of selling CDs, VCDs and DVDs which he bought from various warehouse/clearance sales also later on sold second hand physical media as well. Eventually, he was able to get new albums pressed abroad to sell locally here so his reach became wider! He could also look for hard to find CDs for the customer. I can attest to it because he was able to find my request before which was Lifehouse's self-titled 3rd album CD which the only album I don't have in my collection!

 He now has a physical shop in a small mall in Pasay. I asked him before how the sales were, he admitted that it wasn't really good but he needed to have the store so he can store his stock plus having a physical shop added credibility to his business. He pays taxes and has business permits now so there's more consumer trust that he isn't a scammer. Through his physical shop as well, he was able to connect with a lot of independent bands and artists and was able to sell their CDs on his shop as well. He was able to organized a mini concerts in the mall featuring those indie artists. I'm so impressed with how he was able to pull this off. He really has the perseverance to succeed. During the lockdown, I checked on him to ask he was doing and as expected he was struggling because obviously the business was affected but luckily the mall waived rental fee during the months the mall is closed so that was a relief. I made a mental note to buy something - anything - once he could return to help him out. I recently purchased a DVD player he was selling because it was cheap and also could play any DVD  - no region restrictions (remember that was a thing before?!) . When I received the package there was a face mask freebie with a sticker of his store logo! He really is a good marketing guy! When I sent him a message to thank him because the product was good and worth the money, he took hours to reply which was odd because he usually replies quickly.  When I checked the FB page I found out why - He became an accredited official merchandise seller of popular local young band IV of Spades so naturally he got swamped with hundreds of messages for orders! I was very happy to see him get a good deal like this. Nice  to see a good business story in this time of life changing crisis especially happening to a  hardworking guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG GOOD FOR HIM!!! Sira na ung nabenta ko sa na dvd player?
-Mikki

forg/jecoup said...

Ayos pa actually. I just bought another one for a different TV. And well also a way to help out a friend