Saturday, July 04, 2020

Decision

On Monday, the committee level will decide if ABS-CBN will be given a franchise or not. This is just the first level, there are still more to come before it can finally totally happen. I'm afraid with the way the hearings went, ABS-CBN will not be given one. It really makes me sad. For me, they answered all allegations of violations clearly and even have the backing of some government agencies to validate there was no violation in some of the issues. But it's clear those who were prominently involved in the questionings have already decided what they feel about this and just wants to provoke reactions. This week another blow hit the network when NTC ordered ceast and decease order to the network's digital channels in TV Plus digibox and their direct to home satellite service Sky Direct. This is after the Solicitor General suggested NTC to do so after some congressmen chastised them during the hearing. I don't know what to say anymore. There were multiple cases of lapsed franchise that were still allowed to broadcast as the case of their franchise renewal is still being discussed. The writing is on the wall.  What upsets me is that there are ordinary people enjoying this situation as if this would benefit their lives at all. No empathy to those who will lose their jobs. I don't know what to feel anymore. I will try to the avoid of news of this on Monday, my heart will just be broken. But who am I kidding? I won't be able to avoid this piece of news on Monday. I dread it. 

No comments: