Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Day 2

So my second day of returning to work and I maximized my time a lot. I've been doing the editing of the new episodes of the shows airing on the cable channel I coordinate for now since my editor is in his hometown in Tarlac and can't go here which I totally understand. I do think he is on the verge of resigning as well as some of his closest friends at work apparently resigned in the middle of the lockdown. I've been here for 11 years and I've noticed when there's a close group of young employees, once someone leaves eventually nearly all part of the group will leave one by one. Anyway, I'm not a video editing expert all I know is just the basics so yeah I have no choice but do the task now since the channel had been in reruns for 3 months already.

Walking the streets of Ayala Avenue on my way to my ride home felt sad because it's so empty. Not literally of course but there's a sense of quietness but not the calm kind. I've also seen so many convenient stores and jollijeeps closed and buildings with signs they have office spaces for leases. The road also feels strange not seeing any jeep around anymore. There are a few buses too. I terribly miss life before this nightmare happened.

1 comment:

Mikki said...

Ang sad talaga nyan lalo na if matagal mo na talagang ka-work. Medyo ngayon pa lang ako nagsisimulang magworry(?) about covid. I'm really worried about the economy and how it's taking a toll on the businesses down to the employee sector.