Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Quieter Moments


It's been in a week since I returned working here at the office. Right now I'm actually here, I'm just waiting for the videos I edited to finish before I can go home. There are fewer people in the office than last Friday when I was here. I think we are just around 12 here. The near-empty office is seriously making me feel a little sad. It's just so different right now. As I was walking earlier to our office building I saw that the Burger King outlet near our office has closed down. Well, the sign says it's just temporary but who knows now. There are just a few people back in the office and for sure that affected their sales. And this pandemic is far from over. Cases continue to rise. When I'm busy I tend to forget about the world we live in right now but right now when I have nothing more to do that would occupy my mind these thoughts are returning. When can we ever go back to what it used to be? We all don't know the answer. I still refuse to accept this so-called "new normal", this is just temporary I keep telling it to myself. But am I just fooling myself? Will ever go back to that state again? This is such a big test for humanity. Four months of this, how long will this last?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel sad too pag nababasa ko yang "temporarily closed" establishments. Hope they can return talaga. - Mikki