Tuesday, August 25, 2020

For Life


 

So one my childhood radio station is closing down this Friday although technically they have been off air since the ABS-CBN shutdown last May but they continue to broadcast via Facebook and their website but this Friday it all comes to an end. I became listener in the late 90s when it was still called WRR 101.9 All The Hits, All The Time and of course it was part of my childhood chart geek  era and I listened religiously to the Saturday Top 20 countdown with Martin D. I've witnessed the radio's various rebranding from For Life to Bespren to Tambayan and when it finally used the branding of the provincial ABS-CBN FM stations - My Only Radio. A college friend is one of their DJs and his journey was such a good one because he was a fan since a child too and the DJs knew him because he was an avid caller and occasionally visited the station . He did became a radio DJ for another station and made a name for himself but this was his dream station and it finally came true January this year and I'm sad it was cut short.

I've had my radio heartbreaks before (93.9 KC FM's demise, Delamar leaving Morning Rush, DJ Kelly leaving radio, Campus Radio dying twice) but this one hurts the most given the circumstance. I'll definitely listen to the farewell show this Friday. I truly hope and pray they will come back though someday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ang sad tlg ng ganitong mga pagsasara =(