Sunday, August 09, 2020

2020 Won't Stop

Late this morning my cousin rushed to our house to inform us my uncle couldn't speak although he is conscious. Tatay and I rushed to their house and it was so unforgettable because we were all crying as we are trying to talk to him but he was just sitting but would not respond. He would just look at us and we hear nothing but moaning. Good thing their neighbor who has an emergency van was there so we were able to rush my uncle to the hospital. When we got there he was immediately admitted and we found out he had very low sugar that's why he was acting that way. An hour later my uncle regained consciousness and according to my aunt who was with him (only one companion inside the hospital due to pandemic restrictions) he had no memory of what happened today. He was actually shocked to wake up inside a hospital. In a way, it's good thing he has no memory of what happened earlier because it was so traumatic really. It would not help him. My cousin said that uncle had been feeling not well for weeks already but he would rebuffed any suggestion of going to the hospital because of COVID19 fears. I totally get him but his body basically made the decision and forced him to go to the hospital. Thank God, he is in better condition now. He is confined in the hospital for observation. What a day really. Getting sick in a pandemic is extra complicated and raises the stress level. This year is so challenging. Lord please better days ahead. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey if there's a point where blood transfusion is needed I'm a type O+ (universal donor) and have always been qualified to donate blood.

forg/jecoup said...

Thank you! Pero thank God hindi naman humahantong sa ganun