Thursday, August 20, 2020

Two Sounds of Silence

 Yesterday I had the chance to go to a chapel and a mall for the first time since March. The chapel I went to is actually closed but the design of the chapel is open-air so you could still see inside as you stand by the locked gate. It had a calming effect when I was there and began praying. We live in such uncertain times, the biggest life-changing event a lot of people are experiencing and sometimes your faith could keep help you to keep holding on despite everything that's happening. While we pray at home and watch the masses on TV, it's still different when you are there. 

When I entered a mall it really made me feel so sad because it's so empty. Not literally of course but this mall which used to be a busy one has very few people inside outside the employees. There are stores open but mostly with no one around. Out of curiosity, I checked out the cinemas and it's even more depressing as it is literally dark there as there were barely any lights on and the nearby food stalls and fast food were all closed as expected. It was also frozen in time when you see the movie posters around. It truly hit me that the moviegoing experience could really die. I hope it won't be the case. Countries like Japan and Korea who have theaters back in business are showing good signs of life in the box office so I hope it will be the case eventually worldwide but it's gonna be tough to convince people to go back. 

Another month is gonna end soon and we are entering the ber months still pretty much in a chaotic world so guaranteed the holiday season is gonna be different this year. Oh dear Lord please let us have holiday season the way we knew it or the very least not as restrictive that you can't feel the spirit anymore.

No comments: