Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Back II

 The carpool driver texted me today telling me he's back in service tomorrow with the country easing the restrictions. He asked me if I would ride and I said yes. He texted in ALL CAPS!, He's excited I guess to go back to work after two weeks. I'm glad to have my regular carpool back. I'm so grateful with the company shuttle for the past two weeks but it was never gonna be a regular thing so I'm glad to have the carpool accessible once more. Also, glad more people will have their source of livelihood back again. The threat of the virus is always scary but we can't afford another total shutdown of the economy any longer. 

***

My nephew was shocked to see his former classmate in elementary added in their Grade 7 class online group. He's annoyed with him but treated him kindly compared to their other classmates so I said to him that he might have followed you in that school haha! I could relate so much because I had classmates in the past who were quite annoying but I was still very kind to them because in general they're really harmless and do not deserve to be treated rudely. I admitted they tested my patience too but whenever there's a choose your own group activity on school, they will lean on me and of course I accepted them. I remember one teacher told me that initially, he thought I was "like that" too but later on he realized that they just gravitate toward me because I'm patient and approachable.  I'm an introvert but I try not to alienate people. I never had a "barkada" to be honest but I like it that way, I can be friends with anyone and was never tied to one group. I do think people don't see me as intimidating so I can work with practically anyone. Flexibility and adaptability are so essential when you work. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

maganda ung you're friends with everyone kahit wala kang ciniconsider na "barkada"

forg/jecoup said...

Yeah it worked for me from school to work life