Sunday, August 30, 2020

Unexpected

 My video editor went to the office last week to hand out his resignation and collect his stuff. He can no longer go to work in Makati because he chose to stay with his family in Tarlac. Days before the quarantine was implemented he went back home and stayed there until last week when they rented a vehicle so he can properly hand out his resignation. I  expected it and totally understand his situation. In a crisis like this, you want to be with family. But to our surprise, the administration asked if he was willing to work from home! They consulted me actually if I could arrange a work from home setup and while to be honest it will be a little difficult to do but then again it's workable so of course I said yes. In this world we live in right an opportunity to secure employment is vital. I'm happy the administration was the one who offered the opportunity because it just shows great character really. I admit I had my fair share of complaints in my 11 years with the company but I always chose to stay despite of it because well the place is really a home to me.In this crisis, I even appreciated how our company took care of  us. I'm blessed I found a home here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy for you!! Finally work from home ka na!

forg/jecoup said...

No, video editor ko ang work from home. I still go to the office and choice ko naman yun. I prefer working there not at home