Monday, August 17, 2020

Early Morning Panic

 So yesterday I received a text about a very big and urgent work concern that really drove me sleepless. I admit this concern was because of something I overlooked so it really stressed me out. I had to go to the office today and it was raining hard as our shuttle heads to the office and it added to my anxiety really. Then we arrived at the office, it was locked as the one who usually opens the office couldn't go to work because his carpool was not available. The stress level was through the roof because that work concern was very urgent. The other person who has key arrived over an hour later! Once we got in I immediately went to the editing computer and gathered the stuff I needed. This urgent concern also made three other people come to work earlier than they normally do to help out. Thankfully, the concern was settled around 9AM! Nabunutan ako ng tinik. I really appreciated how everyone was helpful. You know I admit I like working alone but you really need to know when to get help and not be shy about it. Also, learn to admit your mistake. I was careful not to give excuses and I also appreciate the fact the managers didn't give me a hard time even though they got stressed as well. I know I'm lucky because other people would have berated me. I had my experiences of that as well during my early years at work, I even had one shouting match to a co-worker that led me to walk out HAHA! I would never forget that. That's really the only instance I ever lost my cool at work and got visibly angry. Of course that incident was a learning experience and that person I argued with became a good friend through the years (she resigned last year).  Anyway, hopefully I won't experience that kind work-related stress again..I need to be alert all the time and be extra mindful to avoid being in that situation.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

grabe naiimagine ko ung sigawan portion! Glad that your colleagues are considerate at this time.

forg/jecoup said...

I could still remember what I said "Oh sige uuwi na ako para manahimik ka na!" and umuwi talaga ako. I won't forget that day kasi when I got home ang balita bumungad sa akin yung tsunami sa Japan