Monday, September 28, 2020

One Last Time

 My father was busy all day contacting relatives to inform them what happened to my uncle who passed away yesterday. He was also asking for financial assistance for the cremation and other needs of his family. The truth is my uncle didn't have a good reputation among our relatives with money matters. My father knows this but his love for his brother is strong enough to overcome any hesitation or shame to ask for financial help. I overheard him talking on the phone telling someone that despite all the problems my uncle had brought upon, I hope for one last time they could help him out. When he was able to gather over 20K today, I saw how his face beamed as we collected the money in the remittance areas and ATMs. I read a text message from my aunt thanking him profusely for all the help he did today. I haven't seen my father cry but I know deep inside he is grieving. He is dealing with this sadness by doing the best he can to help his brother one last time While my uncle gave him some problems too, my father never gave up and continued to support him until the end. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

condolence =( tough times indeed