Friday, September 11, 2020

Normal But Not

Today the office shuttle was back so I went to work at the office instead of at home which I normally do on a Friday. I had an important work task that I need to do in the office anyway. To be honest, I could have gone home earlier via carpool because there's less traffic on SLEX which is the route to our town. In the office shuttle, I'm the last one to be dropped off as most of my co-workers riding the shuttle are from Imus and nearby areas so we go there first where traffic is just more headache inducing. But of course I can save money via the office shuttle so I wouldn't pass that opportunity. Traffic was indeed horrendous!  Before when I get stuck in traffic, it is because there's so much activity going on outside but not the case this time. We were still in the road by 6:30 PM and the malls are already closed or most of their establishments are. It's just a weird look to have a "normal traffic" but the surrounding's atmosphere is not the same busy and active life anymore. During the early days of lockdown, I once said to myself that I miss the normalcy of the traffic! I've experienced heavy road traffic again but definitely it's not a sign of things really going back to our pre-pandemic lives The torture of traffic just found a way to insert itself in this so-called new normal. 

No comments: