Monday, September 21, 2020

72nd Emmys Reactions!

So the 72nd Emmys happened and my prediction flopped with only 11 correct ones! I must the awards show went smoothly as the production was competent and quite good given the circumstance. I liked that this still had the thrill of awards when most of the winners accepting their awards in real time even remotely. It was a clean 7/7 sweep for Schitt's Creek which kinda annoyed me because the final season of The Good Place went unrewarded! But I totally can't hate the show even if I'm not a fan (and haven't seen the latters seasons) because the show is a true underdog. As for Drama my favorite Succession but sad they lost in supporting acting because Matthew MacFayden and Sarah Snook are my favorite on those shows. I don't watch her show but Zendaya's win was a pleasure given her family's reaction, that was a sweet moment! My favorite bit though is Sesame Street's The Count showing up to show support for What We Do in the Shadows, clever! This tweet from nominee Ramy Youssef went viral because it showed that there was actually an Emmy intern outside his home in hazmat suit with Emmy in hand in case he wins and when he lost, the intern bid farewell and left! Bizarre but funny!

Anyway, I'm glad Emmys did deliver something not awkward to watch and as the Emmy host Jimmy Kimmel yeah giving awards in the entertainment world is of least importance especially in this world we live in right now but hey this brings in some form of fun and we need that right now.


No comments: