Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Reactivate

So  I activated my dormant GCASH. I had it since 2017 as part of a promo when I watched Coco in Ayala cinemas. I had my ticket discounted 50% when I downloaded the app as a GCASH freebie! But I didn't it use that much after my initial use for mobile load. I just liked Paymaya better because it had a virtual card I can use for Spotify subscription. Actually, only this year due to the lockdown that I used my Paymaya outside of paying for Spotify! Paymaya was very useful in paying bills! Back to GCash, I decided to reactive it since it seems to be the more popular mobile wallet app and you never know I might have the need to use it so I better have it back.

The other online portal I reactivated is my Paypal! I actually had it since 2008! I think it was the time I was thinking of monetizing this blog so I signed up for one. But I didn't move forward because I got lazy to be honest so my Paypal became useless and eventually forgotten. When I reactivated GCASH, I've read that I can link it on Paypal so there, I was reminded I had one before! When I tried to reset my password, the mobile number saved there was my old one that I don't have anymore! But good thing, I answered the security questions correctly but it took me a second try! I reactivated Paypal because well just in case I will need it. There's no specific reason just yet but I just felt like I need to reorient myself with digital money transactions because it is essential in the world we live in right now. To be honest, I still don't fully get how Paypal works so let me study it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jec. Aside from Paypal try Transferwise/Payoneer. Paypal charges more if USD ang balance :(

Let me know if you have any GCASH-related query

forg/jecoup said...

Thanks Mikki I know you're an expert dito

Unknown said...

Balitaan mo ko sa pagmonetize na yan!! Been considering it as well