Monday, May 04, 2020

Sub-optimal

It was so hot today, I was perspiring heavily doing a simple task like washing the dishes. It was so humid that I took bath twice. Drank so much water that of course made me pee frequently. I'm craving for Zagu, Coke Float or any kind cold shake really. But of course I can't during this quarantine. It's not essential reason to go out there. Not gonna lie, my cravings reminded me of the things I miss pre-COVID19 quarantine. That luxury and freedom to move without fear of checkpoint personnel being unreasonable and this unseen enemy that could threaten life. 

Some provinces in the country now are in General Community Quarantine which is what they are marketing as "new normal" where there are still restrictions but loosened up because some of the industries can now open and public transportation will be available but with limited capacity. I have a bad feeling it will be executed so poorly when the time comes that NCR will be under that. They are teasing that after May 15 the rest of the country will be under GCQ. I'm skeptical but we'll see how it works. I have mixed feelings because there's still more than 200 cases each day and there's a chance it would still be like that in 2 weeks time. However, I understand that a lot of people need to work now and support their families.  There have been news of people dying due to heart attack while in line for the government cash aids. All you can hear on listener feedback in radio shows and comments on LGU Facebook pages are about the cash aids mostly because they haven't received or not even qualified. A lot of frustrated people right now. And just imagine you are so anxious about your day-to-day survival then this heat torturing you physically.

When I think of what other people are going through right now, it really makes my issue of being uncomfortable with the heat and not being able to go out freely so minuscule. There are lot of  issues in this pandemic that have frustrated me so much but seeing how people are suffering more gives me perspective to check my privilege.  I do believe that we have the right to complain and criticize but still we need to get a reality check as well so you won't across as a self-absorbed whiner.

Still, I wish for this nightmare to end soon or at least a light of hope that eventually things can go back to the "old" normal. 

No comments: