Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! Nanay wanted Big Mac but the McDo near us has no stock anymore so we bought Quarter Pounder instead. She liked it but I think it made her crave for Big Mac more. Hopefully we could do more for her birthday later this month. But I do feel that the limitation of our movement is really frustrating her a lot. She can't visit the market and do groceries, those are big deals to Nanay and I hope she can do it again very soon. 

I'm gonna say it, I hope our province will be on GCQ after May 15. I expected Metro Manila to stay under ECQ but I really hope Cavite won't. I just want the checkpoints out really. Of course social distancing will still be there but checkpoints for me have been the source of a lot unnecessary stress. I'm still so frustrated that in a medical crisis a militaristic approach to lead people is what they think is the right way to go. I do get the idea for discipline but intimidating and scaring people off is causing more problems on top of the problems we already have.

For a person like me who worries a lot back in the "old normal", this extraordinary circumstance is nothing but a series of tests: of character, of patience, of faith, of where you stand under immense pressure. It's been really tough and sometimes I feel defeated but I know I need to keep the fire burning. I must.

No comments: