Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Nothing

So our province Cavite will be "downgraded" to General Community Quarantine on May 16 but still basically the same really they just added some industries could now open (which still be in discussion) so some could work. But basically it's just the same. Over 200 confirmed cases again today. Two months of lockdown and it feels nothing has truly changed really. Oh wait, the major CHANGE in this two-month lockdown is the shutdown of ABS-CBN. One week has passed since they have been shutdown but the congress still not discussing their franchise, all you hear is we support ABS, we support press freedom, but no legit action has been made. The TRO appeal has made no progress at the Supreme Court. I'm afraid they are done. I hope I'm wrong. 

I've been reading news how New Zealand, Vietnam and Australia are on their way to normalcy and I'm so envious. As an archipelago I believe the Philippines had a good chance to not be affected this hard by the coronavirus, if only we were proactive back in January. If only.  

I know life will never be the same again but I still can't accept that this is our reality now. Praying for a miracle.

No comments: