Friday, May 08, 2020

Endless Worries

So there's news today that Metro Manila will likely extend the quarantine until June 15. A one month extension again. Honestly, I understand the risk is still high for a second wave as the daily confirmed cases have not dropped and Metro Manila is the epicenter. We haven't flatten the curve. So what now? I really don't know if the company I work can survive this. I'm just scared of the uncertainty.

Another thing I'm scared of? Yeah the ABS-CBN shutdown is still a cause of concern for me. The congress Speaker said he will try to fix this mess but I haven't seen anything that he has done to make progress. As expected the TRO appeal to Supreme Court is not a "priority". This is just alarming that the people in the authority are not doing ANYTHING. Do I have just to accept  that this is really the reality, they control everything. If they can do something as grave as this, what's stopping them from escalating it even further? There are so many enablers as well and not treating this matter seriously.

I honestly feel so frustrated right now with how society works. When I was a young teenager, when EDSA Dos happened, I felt so inspired with the peaceful movement that it can be done. Now that's never happening. In a way I guess a lot of people felt fatigue because life post-EDSA Dos disappointed as well. But still life and discourse RIGHT NOW is so much more toxic. 

I need to stop thinking "when this is all over I will..." because I don't feel it will be over anytime soon. I'm just raising my hopes up for nothing. I feel so defeated. But I'm still clinging to hope somehow because if I don't I will go nowhere. I need to keep this fire burning and not let it die.


No comments: