Tuesday, May 19, 2020

What else...

I minimized my exposure to news today both online and on TV. It just so upsetting. There's so much uncertainty. There's so much mess. There's so much despair. There's so much stress. Two months in and I feel there's no improvement. I feel like a lot of people are just hanging by a thread. The waiting game on what to do, on how to handle the world in disarray. There's so much nastiness as well. There are times where I feel hopeless. This pandemic exposed a lot. You can separate who can inspire and not just intimidate. But those who just intimidate are the ones in the spotlight. It just gives me more anxiety.

***

Went out to buy medicine for parents earlier today. I usually go early because of the lines but when I arrived I was first in line. The nearby grocery also didn't have its usual long lines, just two or three waiting to enter once someone goes out. Nice to see a sense of calmness.

No comments: