Thursday, May 07, 2020

Semi Comeback

So TV Patrol returned tonight but not on the main channel of course because it has been shutdown. It returned online and on cable channel ANC. It felt good to hear the main theme again. Tomorrow DZMM Teleradyo will return on cable and TV Plus. I guess they went off air to double check if they are covered by the NTC shutdown. They really need to get back on air even under this format so this issue will still be in circulation and not be swept under the rag. Until today the congress leader is still NOT DOING ANYTHING about years old franchise bills, not even scheduling a day to discuss it even if it is now a pressing concern. To be honest, I'm not sure if ABS CBN can get their franchise back but I hope they do access to information is important and the job protection of thousands of people too. 

***

I also saw in the news today that the government is already setting up how transportation will work out in the trains once NCR moves to General Community Quarantine which is marketed as the new normal. I'm not sure if this will work, I could just imagine the commuting nightmare this will entail but we really need to get a semblance of normalcy again, so we can get the economy running again and secure our finances as well, we can't rely on the government cash aids which distribution has been marred by controversies. Next Friday, May 15, is the supposed last day of the Enhanced Community Quarantine and the government is already starting to warm people up that it won't be extended anymore and will move to GCQ with less restriction. However, two days of over 300 new cases. Are we really ready to open up the economy? I'm torn really, I want to go back to work but I'm afraid of a potential second wave. This is so stressful 

No comments: