Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Glimmer

The first and only confirmed COVID19 case here in our barangay has now recovered. Thank God! We didn't have additional cases as the other suspects have tested negative so hopefully we stay COVID19 free. Thankfully that one case seems isolated and it didn't spread out. 

I'm warming up to the General Community Quarantine, looks like we will have a clearer guidelines tomorrow once our municipality is done setting those. I hope it won't be unreasonably strict. I'm absolutely in favor of social distancing and other safety measures but hopefully it won't go to authoritarian.

Also today my manager messaged me to inform that our company was granted SSS financial assistance and it was already transferred to our payroll ATM accounts. I haven't gone out yet so I haven't check it (no online access to it because I'm generally paranoid but maybe that should change really) but glad our company was granted that and hopefully it  helped kept our company stay afloat financially as the lockdown continues. I really miss the office, longest period of time I haven't seen it. If this crisis taught me something is to appreciate the company I work. I have lots of frustrations over the years but in this crisis, they didn't abandon us and made sure we are financially supported despite the lack of business operations. I really hope and pray our company will survive the post-pandemic aftermath. I will do my best to help out.

Lastly, the congress made a bill to grant ABS-CBN a provisional franchise that will last until 5 months. Why shorter than the 25-year application because they say they need time to discuss and for ABS-CBN to answer the alleged franchise violations in congress.. The speech made by the speaker was irritating but hey at least  finally there's some progress. Their battle isn't over yet because it's just basically a 5-month extension and they are still essentially hostage but one day at a time I guess!

No comments: