Saturday, May 16, 2020

Eased?

Today the restrictions during this quarantine have been eased under the Modified Enhance Community Quarantine for places like NCR and General Community Quarantine for us here in Cavite and other provinces too. What I've observed on social media posts and the news is that people flocked to the stores and there has been traffic as well. That's scary actually because this country is under tested while it continues to have more than 200 confirmed cases a day. On the other hand, I understand why we need to get economy back and running again because we simply couldn't sustained a quarantined life. Social distancing and work from home is a privilege a lot of Pinoys can't afford to so. The Social Amelioration Program has been quite a mess, so many people complaining about the system and those who were able to quality had to endure just to get the pay-out. Our government simply can't afford to give us consistent aids so people need to get back to work. We are such in a lose-lose situation.

Thinking about the "new normal" guidelines the office sent yesterday  and I continue to ponder if we can pull that off.  I know that the guideline that restricts the pantry to one person per table won't be a problem for me because I already do that but that would also require for people to eat fast to accommodate everyone. Can they really avoid eating alone and not chatting another person?  Another guideline, is that there will be one cubicle separating the employees which already works for me because the past year the two people seated next to me resigned so my desk is socially distant already. I actually used that empty cubicle next to me as an extension of mine and placed my belongings there! But how would that work out as a whole? Will the other employees moved or will there be scheduling who can on work on that and who could not to limit the number of people in the office?

 I'm just thankful I have an office to go back to. But I don't know when I can be there though. I miss it but I'm afraid to commute because the risk is still high. I'm so torn what to feel right now. I desperately want things to go back to what it used to be or at least close to it but I know we are still probably in the middle of this life changing historical moment. It's not over. Far from it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel really sad for employees who don't really have a choice.