Monday, June 01, 2020

Hopes

Nanay is feeling better now and she's been getting good sleep again. Thank God. But I did notice she's more cautious now with what she eats so as not to trigger another blood sugar rise again. It makes me sad that she can't eat whatever she wants now but that's the sacrifice needed to stay healthy. Seeing my parents, both in their 60s, experiencing health vulnerability makes me worry all the time but I'm still thankful they're not suffering from bigger life threatening illness. Please God let them stay healthy for a long time. I may have some issues in the past with them worrying so much but I love my parents a lot, they may not be close to perfect they are good and loving parents and after knowing people who had difficult parents, I'm very grateful how my parents are not like that.

***

First day of GCQ and as expected many experienced commuting hell because of the limited public transportation available. I had the chance to go to work today because a co-worker could fetch me but I opted not to because of the recent health scare of my mother I want to stay home to help out and to be honest I'm not comfortable yet to go back to Makati which had a lot of confirmed cases. I have asthma and deathly afraid of contacting the virus for myself and my family. But I know eventually I will have to go back. Honestly, if public transportation is more accessible I probably take the risk. I miss working at the office but life post-pandemic has changed so much.

***

ABS-CBN franchise hearing today and once again their president Carlo Katigbak has shown so much class and intelligence answering each allegation with fact-based statement. He is respectful even if being taunted by the skeptics.  hope the network can get their franchise back.

No comments: