Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day

Another special occasion that this pandemic has crossed. My brothers went home this weekend and bought food and other treats to celebrate the day. It's simple but still always good to have something this celebrate. I wish my Tatay good health he will turn 66 later this year and he still keeps himself busy watching over us and taking care of us. He will always be the head of the family. The fast few weeks had been rough because of Nanay getting sick and insomnia. Tatay worries A LOT even in under regular days so what more having a loved one have medical concerns in a pandemic? He has high blood pressure and the recurring pain from his hernia surgery a few years ago but he powers it through to be the source of strength of the family. I don't deny him being so overprotective at times irritated me especially as I grew up but now in my 30s, I appreciate it and I just feel lucky I have a responsible and caring father. I've met a lot of people over the years who have terrible fathers. I'm glad I'm not one of those. 
Dear Lord, please guide my Tatay and keep him strong and healthy. I still hope one day, I could repay him and Nanay for all the hard work they did to us. I know I've been a good son but seriously I lack more, I could give more.

No comments: