Tuesday, June 16, 2020

One

My nephew is the class valedictorian of his elementary class. And now he is trying to write his speech! At first my sister asked me to write his speech but I said my nephew should be the one to write this as this is his experience, seven years of his life in this school and so it should be his own words. I will help by editing it for clarity but I will definitely keep his words. He will have a virtual graduation so his speech will be shot on phone. His original graduation date was March 31 but we all know what happened. I remember I was about to file a leave so I could attend his graduation and also the blowout we were planning. But alas it feels like it was a lifetime ago now. It sucks we won't have a traditional ceremony for this but still very grateful. Glad to have something to celebrate in these hard times. 

No comments: