Saturday, June 06, 2020

Vex

The past two days the humidity is unbearable. I feel like we are being boiled. It's so uncomfortable to do anything. Because of this my Nanay's blood pressure went up again and what's stressful that the clinic she usually goes to is temporarily closed because of lack of doctors due to the pandemic. The nearby small hospital is also understaffed. But good thing we found a good clinic earlier today - Family Doc - and she's feeling so much better now. I really like Family Doc, it's so professional and comfortable. My parents loved it too, nanay said that the clinic made her feel more at ease than the local hospital we went to which was quite a mess because it is under renovation. It's our first time to actually experience how hard the medical situation is right now. It's hard to get sick in a pandemic. 

***

My brother finally came home after a month of being stuck at work and avoiding to come home here due to the lockdown restrictions. The first thing he said to me is his frustration with what happened to ABS-CBN then general frustration with what's happening. I can tell he was holding this for so long because he can't share this to anyone at work to avoid political discussion. 

***

My video editor said to me he is planning to resign since he can't go back to the office because of the lack of transportation and his worries about the cases in Metro Manila. I said to him to think about it carefully first because it's hard to find a job these days although if he can't really find a ride to work or he is not comfortable just tell it to our managers first. They will understand because it's just so hard and risky.

I still continue to worry about our company's future.

***

Maybe I'm just in denial but I can't fully embrace the "new normal". I would just like to think of this period as "temporary normal". I don't want to lose hope, we can still go back to the life we knew before.

No comments: