Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Wrapped

 Since subscribing to Spotify in 2015, the year end Wrapped is always something I look forward to. The presentation of my listening habits of the year is so well done and eye-catchy. And of course, as a chart geek I love the stats! I'm just annoyed this year, the Wrapped presentation is available only at the mobile app! I like seeing it on my laptop! Anyway, my my most played song is BLINDING LIGHTS. Released late last year, this song is still a bop, not tired of it yet! My #2 is the pandemic song Pag-ibig Ang Hihilom sa Daigdig from ABS-CBN. The rest of my top 5 are Taylor Swift's and Bon Iver's Exile, Lewis Capaldi's Before You Go and Ben & Ben's cover of Make It With You. My music preference is so adult contemporary now which is apt for my age. I will have my annual "Hot 100" blog post where I rank songs subjectively at the end of the year, will Blinding Lights still be on top? We shall see

On the podcast side, four out of five are local ones! The past 2 years were dominated by American podcasts! My top podcast is The Eve's Podcast hosted by former RX 93.1 jocks Delamar, Monica, Gelli and Jude Rocha followed by the radio drama Dear MOR and another radio-based one is at #5 which is The Morning Rush. Even if they are no longer together, still loyal to my radio idols Chico and Delamar! My only foreign podcast in the top 5 is The Hollywood Reporter's'TV's Top 5 at #3 while at #4 is the podcast from filmmakers Tonet Jadaone and Juan Miguel Severo called Walang Kwentang Podcast which is a funny conversational podcast that was just launched this year.

I love Spotify, it's my new radio really.


No comments: