Thursday, December 03, 2020

Admiration

 So there was a meeting at the office earlier and it was actually for just one department but since you know pandemic protocols that meeting had to be done in the open space in the office proper than in the meeting room so yeah even us not part of the department de-facto joined in especially when the company owner spoke which was not planned but he felt the urge to speak out and shared that while the company was affected, like nearly every company in the world, by the pandemic he never thought of giving up and not giving salaries to us. This is totally true and one of the reasons why I admired what the company did for us this year and motivated to do all means to get back to work at the office. Apparently, there are issues with employees (they were not named) that affected a certain project that led to this meeting. One of the managers got emotional when he spoke up and definitely shocked us because he is the silent type. I still have no clue what the problem was but I honestly don't want to because hey it is not my business but this meeting validated my feelings about staying here. I know it's not a high-paying job but I've been here for 11 years because I found a home here and the owner is the person I truly admire. When he said earlier that the company will only close down if he is poor already, I know he meant every word. He then announced that for us not to worry that we will have our 13th-month pay. I didn't worry because I know sir will not allow the possibility of not giving it to us and I was actually not surprised when it was revealed that our 13th month will not come from the company's funds but from his own pocket. He is that kind of man. 

So yeah it ain't easy but hey I will work hard to help the company even more. When he said he treated us as family, I believe it because I feel it. 

No comments: