Friday, December 25, 2020

A 2020 Christmas

There was an earthquake this morning! What a 2020 type of greeting this holiday! Admittedly, I didn't feel it because I was still asleep when it happened. Thank God, it was not as dangerous that it could have been.
In general it was a silent Christmas. No kids roaming around to ask for Pamasko house-to-house, no videoke even. We went out to visit my uncle's grave and there was no heavy traffic. After visiting his grave, we went home and stayed here all day. Nothing much happened really, people slept or were on their phones.. I was on my laptop and streamed FAN GIRL, a movie on this year's Digital MMFF and I liked it a lot with a strong central performance from Charlie Dizon. 

This day to be honest felt more ordinary than usual but it's okay as long as the family is complete and healthy. That's all that matters really.

This holiday season is, without a doubt, different but if there is one thing I've learned from all of this is that don't let what you don't or can't have blind you from appreciating what you currently have. Be grateful because it could have been worse. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments: