Monday, October 19, 2020

Struggling

 My sister told us how the company she's working for is really struggling right now. It's a small company that was directly hit by the pandemic. The restrictions just made it more difficult for that line of business to survive. For now, her boss will try to make it work but the challenge is very high that her boss asked her if she's okay with a pay cut just until the company recovers. She agreed because well she wants to show her support to her boss. Tough times really. Recently, there was news that there are companies that may not able to give 13th month pay for the holiday season. It made me think of my company as well. I'm quite confident our big boss will of course give us one because even in the years the company had financial troubles, he still made it work. I feel the company right now is in good shape relatively speaking of course. I'm quite thankful for that really. The economic fallout of this pandemic will linger on for so long. I'm quite scared with what the future beholds. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Salute to ur sis for agreeing to the paycut! Hope makabawi sila