Thursday, October 29, 2020

Strong

 My uncle was laid to rest today. Last night it was raining hard and we were worried that today will have a typhoon but thank God the weather was good and we were able to say our farewell without the difficulty that a rain could bring.

I'm gonna miss my Tito so much, he is young just recently turned 56 years old. I'm looking out over my father, his older brother, he handled it as best as he can but I know it was really hard for him to lose his youngest brother so early and add to the fact he lost his two other brothers, one just last month and the other exactly a year ago. Earlier on he asked me to delete the phone numbers of his deceased brothers on his phone. It made me sad to do that but I totally get where he is coming from. It's his process of letting go. He was really hungry when we ate a fast food after the funeral service. He didn't have an appetite earlier too and just ate one pandesal and drank milk. I was with him during the service and he was asked to speak but he could only last a minute before he passed the mic to a cousin. He was just emotional to carry on. He also couldn't look when Tito's coffin was being buried to the ground already. I went with him when we were standing under a tree nearby and chatted him to ease the burden. 

Dear Tito, please guide my father and help him stay strong. It will take a lot of time before he can get move on from this grief but please guide him from up there so he can stay strong. Don't worry as well, we will be there for Auntie Rose and Ralph & Daniel's family. 

No words can fully explain how I will miss you so much. 

No comments: