Sunday, October 11, 2020

Not Over

 There was a religious procession earlier in our barangay but of course due to the pandemic protocol, it was a different one without the usual karakol, the procession was done with people in motorcycles and vehicles. It was odd really. I understand this is a safety measure and they just want to salvage the tradition but it just doesn't have the same feeling. I've accepted that this is how life is gonna be for the foreseeable future but moments like this will remind you of what you can't have right now. Earlier this week I dined in at a fast food and I was the only one there. It felt so eerie and sad. A friend also told me a story about how one private hospital is struggling because they lack manpower now with some of the staff left due to various reasons like the fear of getting the virus or compensation dissatisfaction. it's not on mainstream news because the hospital is trying to keep the problem on their own for now. 

That's why I can't help but feel dread with the holidays coming. I hear a Christmas song but it just makes me sad. 

No comments: