Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Unfair

My uncle will be laid down to rest tomorrow Thursday because due to the pandemic protocols we can't have the traditional weeklong wake. Even if we could only have the wake for 2 nights still glad we still get to honor his life because if he passed on during the peak of the lockdown here, he will have to be cremated immediately even if the cause of death is not COVID19. I went to work today to fix some things needed because of course I will be there to witness his final resting place. Nanay won't come though because she will look over my nephew who still has online school to attend to. She also admitted that she doesn't want to see my uncle lifeless and wants to preserve his memory of being alive and healthy. My uncle is close to Nanay and one of his last requests was to have Nanay's homecooked meal of a fish dish he loves which Nanay of course willingly did it for him. Tatay is so far holding up fine, he is chatty person and was able to take care of the people who visited the wake today be it relatives or my uncle's co-workers. He actually met the company president of my uncle's workplace. He had  nothing but good words to my uncle and he expressed what I've been feeling as well that he truly didn't deserve to have such debilitating illness because of how hardworking, responsible and honest person he is.  Life is so unfair. 

No comments: