Tuesday, November 10, 2020

New Screen

 Over the weekend, we purchased a Smart TV and everybody at the house is excited! Our old boxset TV in the living room wouldn't open and instead of having it fixed my mother said that to buy just a new one, yung uso as she said. I was quite shocked she suggested it since she's very thrifty but she said she has some money saved up and it's better to use it since paper bills were still signed by the previous president. I said that it was still valid anyway since it's still the same money but she insisted that she wants to buy a new one. So she asked my brother to drive him and Tatay to the appliance store to canvass. She actually didn't go inside the shop and stayed inside the car for health precautions. Anyway, my brother was able to find an affordable one which was on sale. It's not the latest version but we really don't care about it as long as it is from a credible brand and has a warranty. Anyway, we set the TV up, setting up the cable was easy but the Internet-based one I was dumbfounded at first but my 12-year-old nephew helped me figure it out! Glad to have a kid here who is techie! I really enjoyed the casting feature the most really. I actually pondered on cutting the cord because our cable company of more than 10 years is annoying me lately because they pulled out Kapamilya Channel after a week and not even carrying the free TV channel A2Z. I complained multiple times but all I get are template replies. Something fishy going on there but that's another story. But do they ANC/Teleradyo/Cinema One/Jeepney TV and well my TeleNovela Channel so I guess I will keep it around for the meantime. It's still the same monthly payment all these years and it's actually cheap. Anyway, my parents enjoyed watching on the YouTube app, they even watched my brother's wedding last year which is uploaded there. The problem of course is that the Internet is sometimes not reliable especially since our Wi-Fi modem is located a bit far from the TV. Anyway, I think it's nice to have something like this at our house, we've been careful with our expenses and I think we deserve a little luxury from time to time. 

No comments: