Thursday, November 26, 2020

Backlash

 A friend made a snarky tweet about a certain foreign music star and it caught the ire of the fanbase of that artist. His tweet went viral to the fandom and they went in droves to bash him on his twitter account. I've read some of the tweets and nasty stuff were said. My friend didn't delete his tweet about that artist but he went private and took some time off the social media platform. I asked him if he's okay and he said he is fine and he can laugh about it now but he admitted he got anxious too. I got anxious too just reading the attacks against him. Social media is such a nasty place sometimes. Even more so now. It takes a lot of mental power to handle that kind of nastiness. I personally won't be able to handle that kind  of online rage thrown at me so that's why I'm careful what I tweet these days especially I easily get anxious too. It makes me sad that the Internet that once was an escape to me feels so dangerous too. Oh life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ang scary talaga. My original FB account was deleted because it was mass reported by a particular "fan" base. ATM my soc med accounts have a particular purpose, bahala sila jan. hehe.