Thursday, November 19, 2020

Calls

 I read someone's tweet that says you won't be able to change their minds if you call them names. I totally agree with it because even if you have a valid argument but insult them in the process. it will fall on deaf ears to that person because all they can remember are the insults. When you fight with negativity, then they fight back by ramping up the negativity even more. However, I can't blame those who are losing their cool because the level of crassness is just unbelievable. I wish I was an eloquent  guy where I can speak my mind with words that can actually make people ponder but I'm a mess so most of the time I just stay quiet or change topic whenever I encounter people in real life with a problematic opinion. I wish I can enlighten them nicely but really it's hard when some people are so used to crassness, aggressiveness and obnoxiousness already. That they feel the louder, the better. This is the difficult part of this era. Each day I'm so alarmed with what's happening especially the attitude of some people. I really don't like cancel culture because you just close doors without truly hearing each other's side and giving people benefit of the doubt.  What if you can change their mind? What if you can gain further insight why they stick with problematic belief? What if you are blinded by your biases/mindset as well? But those things are not happening right now because healthy discourse is dead. Can we ever have that back?

No comments: