Sunday, November 22, 2020

It Continues...

 I've been reading news about the second wave of COVID19 in a lot of countries. Some went back or about to return to stricter lockdowns. Here in the Philippines, we have an average over 1K cases everyday, down from the usual 2K but still not a number where people can rest easy to say this is over. It's not. Although I've observed life here in our place is not as strict anymore. Shops don't require quarantine passes. When I went grocery yesterday I was the only one wearing the quarantine pass! It's not a requirement anymore actually but I still wore it because I got used to it and also to remind that this isn't over yet and I should not be complacent. The news of two pharmaceutical companies announcing that they have vaccine that had good effectivity results in the test trials at least gives us hope that by 2021 we can find the road to normalcy again. Of course mass manufacturing and distribution are another story but at least there's something to look forward to, one uncertainty over. But for now we should stay alert. The finish line is still far away but this won't be a never-ending leg now. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am surprised as well, countries like Japan and Malaysia are getting second wave. Not sure kung safe tau or late bloomer lang but ayoko na bumalik sa time na need ng qpass.

Ang hassle pa rin ng nagsusulat sa contact tracing forms. Evia used to allow kids but recently, hindi na naman.

forg/jecoup said...

Hindi naman kasi talaga nag subside din kasi so parang continuous lang, never ending wave.