Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Messages

 Today is Tatay's 66th birthday. It is bittersweet because today also marks the first week since my Tito, his youngest brother, passed away. He actually said earlier that he misses Tito because he will always be one of the first people to greet him via text message. He actually does greet of all of us happy birthday through text message. That's how thoughtful he is. My siblings posted birthday messages to tatay on Facebook and since they are the ones with a wide friend list among Tatay's relatives and former co-workers, there were a lot of sweet messages that came our way and my sister read it to him earlier. There were also a couple of who called Tatay (one video call) to greet him including his eldest sister, who is the only remaining sibling Tatay has now. They usually don't communicate that much because she lives in Mindanao for so long already so this was quite something. But I'm glad because they need each other more than ever now. I've also appreciate the messages that my Tatay received today. I know part of it is also looking out for him after the deaths of his two brothers the past two months. It's been tough for him but he is handling the best way he can, fighting off the sadness and worries.

Oh Dear God, please bless and guide my Tatay. Keep him and our family safe from any form of harm and danger. 

No comments: