Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Payoff

I was able to get two additional dub-synch script projects I need for additional income! It will consume my weekends but I don't really mind because it keeps my mind occupied while doing something that will benefit me financially. Last year, I asked our office admin if I could get writing projects for additional income. Previously, it was not allowed for regular employees as there were conflicts in the past from previous employees who abused it and made a scheme out of it. Initially, I was not allowed due to that precedent but later on they allowed me as long as it won't interfere with my actual work task. I was able to write two late last year when they had shortage of freelance writers. This year I was able to write two and now got two other additional work. Very glad. I started as scriptwriter here in the company anyway so I do enjoy writing dub-synch scripts. Truth be told, I could have made more money from way before if I did write before pretending to be a freelance like some of my former co-workers but I'm not the type to break rules especially when money is involved. That was a decision I'm glad I made. I could have written for other dubbing studios too as raket but it's not allowed too due to conflict of interests although I knew some former coworkers who did that too. I admit for a time I regretted not taking the chance, maybe I could have made more but I really don't like doing something behind someone's back especially when involving money. I'm really happy our company allowed me do this now because I could do something for extra income with blessing and I don't have to do it secretly. It also helped we are getting a lot of projects lately so there really was a need for additional writers. I've been so down a lot but this at least made me really happy. 
,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mabuti na rin di ka nagrisk sa ibang "raket" mahirap din if magkaron pa ng conflict of interest, especially tagal mo na sa work