Sunday, January 16, 2022

Taken Off the List

I've been feeling a lot of dread lately so I needed an escape and what's the best that I can do that is to watch stuff! The past 2 nights I've checked out MY LIST on Netflix. I returned to Netflix last month because my nephew wants to watch some anime programs he is into right now. Now, I realized why not watch some of the stuff I put on MY LIST and there I watched the films Tick...Tick..Boom, Shawshank Redemption and documentary Shrinkers. I watched Tick..Tick...Boom! without knowing much of the background of the real life story behind it so I was so captivated with what I saw. So moving and engaging. Heartbreaking too! I've been meaning to watch Shawshank Redemption for a long time because it is famous and has been considered a must-see and I was not disappointed. That was a riveting tale of finding hope in the worst case possible and the "twist" also blew my mind. It is indeed classic adult filmmaking that truly resonates. Lastly, the Singaporean documentary Shrinkers has a nice hook of a "lost film" that came back to the life of the documentarian so many years later. It was so engrossing how it all happened and also to see the footages they did in 1992 was such a time capsule. 

So yeah I had a good weekend I guess!

No comments: