Thursday, January 14, 2021

Photographs of the Past

 So I watched the digital premiere of the remastered 1996 movie Radio Romance via the platform KTX. I've seen this before when I was a kid but to be honestly I don't remember that much anymore and I was in the mood for a nostalgia trip to a much simpler time. Before the movie, there was a talk from the writer-director Jose Javier Reyes and it was  a delight to listen and I especially like the end where he discussed why restoring old movies is so important because they are the photographs of the past, it's a peak where we have started and how tradition is important to have direction in the future. Such wise words. Anyway, the movie was a treat, it's like Love Actually of course this one came first! So many stories of love and generally light to watch. I definitely enjoyed seeing the sign of those times. I giggled when Rico Yan's character boasted to Claudine's character that his PC has 1 gig memory! It was also fascinating to be reminded how back then cellphones weren't mainstream and when people meet up, it really is just word of honor! And course when parents worry when their kids got home late, they have no means to contact where they are aside from calling the landlines of their kid's friend's houses! And course the radio booth set up and the displays of the different kinds of radios and components at that time. So nostalgic!

You can watch the restored Radio Romance this week on KTX

https://www.ktx.ph/category/radio-romance



No comments: