Saturday, January 02, 2021

Streak Ends

 For the first time since 1997 I didn't listen to the radio year end charts on New Year's Eve. I've talked about ending this tradition I've had since I was 10 years old before but it was a hard habit to break but this time I just didn't have the enthusiasm anymore, I didn't get excited like I used to. I did try to listen to one but I didn't last because it's just not connecting to me anymore. I still did check out the results posted on social media and PEx eventually but I didn't have the interest to listen live on radio and anticipate as each song is revealed one by one. Maybe it's just me growing out of this hobby or maybe a part of how last year zapped the energy out of me. I thought I will be sad that I ended a long tradition but I didn't. It just felt like a natural end.

No comments: