Sunday, January 03, 2021

Grey

 Tonight was PBB Connect's second eviction night and the one that was voted out was a guy who got outed as someone who tweeted that he was in favor of ABS-CBN shutdown. He admitted it voluntarily in the house and for me he did look genuinely remorseful of what he did. He's also 19, probably too young to fully understand the issue. When he got evicted, I did feel sad because he knew it was coming because of his tweet and I felt the sincerity when he apologized. However, it's good that he got evicted. Host Robi said it perfectly that you can forgive but not forget and if he was saved it would be like an insult too the people working or got retrenched as well. But his case just made me think about the people I know in real life who were also like him who was in favor of the shutdown. Aside from that problematic political devotion, they are generally good people so it's really hard to permanently delete them from your life. I also think maybe they just don't really understand the deeper implications of the situation too. In a time like this of  aggressive and antagonistic political stance, a calm and sensible discourse is overshadowed by the louder voices. It's so frustrating and alarming and how I wish I am eloquent enough to convince people to examine their views. 

No comments: