Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Airing!

I just found out that the very first animated program I ever wrote a dubbing script for is already airing! It started last week - it's Cartoon Network's Uncle Grandpa! It is airing at 930AM on TV5! I wish I will be able to watch an episode I translated, I've already seen the dubbed version of course but I just want to see it it on actual TV just because I'm proud of my work;.Likewise, the kdrama I wrote two dubbing scripts for is Never Twice on  NET25 airing at 830PM. They air it in half hour installments but the actual episodes are over 50 minutes. The episodes I wrote for are toward the end of the show's run so good luck if I'll get the chance to see it on actual TV because I'm quite busy at night these days doing scripts but we'll see! Doing dubbing scripts again really made this year happy despite all the anxieties I'm dealing with. When I translate/adapt the script it makes me feel creative again and so also immersed to another world. Of course getting paid for it, without the worry of it being not allowed at work anymore, is a really great feeling too. Truth be told, I could have done this years ago but it was not allowed same with writing for other dubbing studios too for obvious reasons. I could have done it in secret like some I knew before but I'm simply not comfortable especially since money is involved. Yeah, call me goody two shoes but this is what I am. I won't lie though because I did think about it and also felt envious with other people already doing it and earning along the way.  In fact, I was so tempted last year to seek outsourced dubbing script opportunities outside due to financial needs but glad I didn't because it's just something that will torture me  with guilt and worry of getting reprimanded. 

But thinking of missed opportunities did push me to finally to do something iand  I formally asked if I could write it for the company's projects so I can earn extra. I was really happy when I was finally allowed to do so. While this has taken my world right now but this has been the morale boost I needed so badly. 

No comments: