Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Stress Zone

So I survived the grocery and medicine purchase run today. With the confusing Cavite total lockdown May 1 announcement by the governor (which to be fair he later apologized on social media for bringing confusion) and the first confirmed case here in our barangay, it was really a stressful morning. I spent 2 hours lining up to a big grocery store BUT I was not allowed to enter because our quarantine pass has no address indicated. It's not our fault because that was issued by the barangay but the grocery security is now demanding certification from the barangay office where we live because they are banning the zone where the first confirmed case is living. I was so pissed but I just left because no energy to argue. Good thing the medicine purchase over at Mercury Drug was smooth sailing because I was buying on behalf of my senior citizen parents so there's a special lane. I was also able to buy some stuff there too because that branch also has a mini grocery. From then on I went from various stores in the nearby market area to buy some of the items in the grocery list then I went to other convenience stores to buy what I can't find there. It was such a hassle (especially in this heat!) but glad I was still able to buy most of what is needed in the list. We passed by the zone where the first confirmed case is living and they are on total lockdown, no one could absolutely leave for 14 days. But I feel there would be adjustments because how could people buy supplies and food? They set up their zone leaders and some counselors to help out to buy on behalf of them but can they sustain that? Hard to believe. 

When I got home I took a bath as soon as I can because it's so hot right now and paranoia as well because it's a different game now that we have a confirmed case here in our barangay. The threat is so near. Really praying hard this is an isolated case.  Praying our subdivision won't have a confirmed case ever. Or for that matter this whole barangay won't have another case anymore! I can't help but feel anxious. Also praying for the person who got infected and his/her family. Hopefully, there will be support but with the total lockdown of that area, I'm afraid they are at risk to be at the receiving end of stressed-out people. Maybe unavoidable as it is scary but I hope the neighbors won't vent their frustration out to the family. The barangay captain dispelled a fake news circulating on Facebook *where else?* that the person already died and was secretly buried in the nearby cemetery. So annoying because people are so gullible. I only get updates from the official local government pages, I don't join FB groups and group chats on messenger. So much rumors and fear mongering there. And worst, people  with toxic personalities are all over.

This crisis is just testing everyone's limits. Please let this be over soon. 


No comments: